Are you a cybersecurity company looking for the connections, talent and insight to establish a powerful presence in the US market? The iCyberCenter@bwtech provides a smooth transition into the nation’s leading security hub: the Baltimore-Washington Corridor.
The Global EPIC Soft-Landing programme offers small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from the other Global EPIC keystones a unique opportunity to ‘soft land’ for a trial period.
Maryland offers the prime location to find key buyers and investment opportunities:
- More than 60 federal agencies and 12 major military installations including the National Security Agency, the Defense Information Systems Agency and the United States Cyber Command.
- The Cyber Maryland Partnership – state/local governments, universities and various associations and alliances – supports growth in cyber companies in the area through funding, financial incentives and more.
- A robust workforce with some of the highest percentages of math, computer science and statistics degree-holders in the nation as well as top five ranking in concentration of computer/information security occupations; Maryland has over 33,500 Cyber Workers in total and had 10,000 new math and computer degree holders in the last year.
- The Baltimore-DC area has seen more than $1 billion invested in computer hardware, software and services in the last decade.
Maryland as Leading Security Hub
Maryland’s proximity to the nation’s capital affords it many unique opportunities and advantages. Maryland is a short drive away from 176 foreign embassies, military installations, federal agencies, legislators and other key decision makers. To support global trade, Maryland has a network of 18 International Trade Offices as well as 4 foreign trade zones, i.e., areas exempt from custom duties or excise taxes. The Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport, as well as three other nearby major international airports, and the nation’s leading Roll On/Roll Off port offer travel and distribution with ease. Additionally, New York City, Washington D.C. and Boston (among other cities) can be reached in a few short hours via a robust system of interstates highways and trains.
Maryland has one of the strongest education systems in the country. Maryland’s K-12 public school system is ranked 6th in the nation. Johns Hopkins University, a world-renowned leader in medicine and science, as well as The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), named the 7th most innovative school by the US News and World Report, are just two of over fifty colleges and universities producing Maryland’s exceptional workforce. Maryland boasts the most NSA/DHS designated Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense of any other state in the US.
Maryland’s government understands the importance of cybersecurity and has a long track record of dedication to the field. Through tax credits, funding and programming, the government is working to be a global leader in supporting innovative cybersecurity companies.
Maryland offers much outside of work too. As one of the 13 original colonies, Maryland has a deep history preserved in a wealth of museums and monuments. Maryland is home to baseball, football and soccer teams that compete in the major leagues and there is an abundance of art, music and food to discover. New York City, Washington D.C., Boston and other major cities are a drive away.
Maryland has the culture, commerce and community to propel your business forward.
The Soft-Landing Programme
The Soft-Landing Programme offers (at no cost to you):
• Support in accessing financial resources, engaging strategic partners, and refining business
models for market opportunities in the US region.
• Greater exposure to global partners and opportunities to pursue clients.
• Advice on market circumstances, academic engagements, immigration considerations and
other practical and administrative issues.
• Access to shared co-working space and conference rooms. (Private offices available for a
IT & Cybersecurity in Maryland
For more information about the possibilities of soft-landing in Maryland and how to join this
programme, please contact Nick Zajciw via firstname.lastname@example.org